Google recently announced that the Universal Analytics 360 (UA360) sunset date is moving from October 1, 2023, to July 1, 2024. The extension will only apply to Universal Analytics 360 properties as they have the most complex path to migrate to GA4. The Universal Analytics sunset date for all standard properties will remain July 1, 2023, including standard properties in accounts with 360 properties.
In short, here are the two upcoming important dates to be aware of:
- July 1, 2023 – the Google Analytics Universal Analytics (UA) product will no longer be processing new data.
- July 1, 2024 – Google Analytics UA360 will no longer be processing new data.
While there have been tweaks in the timeline, GA4 is inevitable and the transition takes time. The switch to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is exciting, but the first step is to ensure you don’t lose any data when your current analytics instance is no longer available. That means dual tagging your site so you begin collecting data in GA4 now. When you dual tag today, you’ll have historical data to compare against in the future, regardless of when you switch to using GA4 as your sole analytics tool. However, the longer you wait to dual tag, the less data you’ll have.
Adswerve experts have stayed on top of all the latest GA4 changes and can help you dual-tag your site and prepare for your eventual switch to GA4. And don’t worry, you won’t need to pay license fees for both tools, just for your current platform of record. Reach out, and we’ll share more about our GA4 packages.
How GA4 Is Different from UA or GA360
You may love your current analytics instance, and we know there’s been some uncertainty about GA4, but the new version excels at data collection and easily integrates with BigQuery. We think you’ll find it’s a significant improvement and you’ll appreciate features like:
- Audience-based conversions
- The ability to measure the time between interactions
- Funnels that were only previously available in the enterprise version (GA360), and trended funnels, too
- Event-scoped segments
- Backward and forward pathing
- Debugging improvements
- Flexible conversions (30 conversions, and you can archive them to free up slots)
- Dimension/metric scoping
- Free BigQuery integration so you can easily connect your CRM with GA4
To learn more about GA4 and dual tagging, watch our GA4 workshop and webinar. Or contact us directly! And keep an eye on our blog—we’ll share more information about GA4 in the coming months.